Adding a chat solution is a trend that the most serious e-commerce websites started some time ago as they noticed how positively live chat affects their business. Giving visitors ability to instantly communicate with the website owner (or sales/support representative) was and still is an advantage over the phone or email.
But let’s say you finally added LiveChat to your website, you need to make sure that all of its parts make a really good match to the other elements of your site. If your website is mostly black and white, you definately don’t want to add yellow and blue live chat button and green and orange chat invitations ;)
A few DOs & DON’Ts about live chat buttons and chat invitations that you should take into consideration:
- make them integral parts of your website – use the same font and set of icons as you have used on the entire site
- add them in visible places – don’t make your visitors look for it
- make them easy to notice – use additional color, shining or blinking effect to catch visitor’s eye
- make them fit into their places nicely (don’t use too big or too small images)
- do not exaggerate!
Here’s a nice set of pretty and cool live chat integrations with the website:
And there are 2 special examples of using live chat on the website.
- United Camera has placed more than 1 chat button on their website! They implemented one button in the header, right next to the phone number, so visiting people can decide either they wish to call or chat with sales reps. They also used another live chat button in the lower part of the sidebar. This gives them additional chance to chat with customer and the website still looks very professional.
- An online wardrobe – Doo-lally – already uses the overlay chat invitation we implemented a few days ago. Doesn’t it look great? I am sure it guarantees huge boost in invites/chats conversion. And there is live chat button visible in the back on the right – also very nice placement and design matching the website.
I hope that these several examples will push you to improve creations of your live chat buttons & chat invitations. Please remember, that in LiveChat we provide you with pre-made templates of live chat buttons, chat invitations and personal chat invitations.
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give LiveChat a go during a free, 14-day trial.