LiveChat provides agents with tools that facilitate helping one another when chatting with customers. They can use transfers and supervision if they need help from a more experienced agent. So, when in doubt, there’s no need to put customers on hold.
Agents can transfer chats to another agent or group with just a few clicks. The recipient can then instantly follow-up on the case and reply within seconds.
How to transfer a chat
- Click on the three dots icon “…” in the top right corner.
- Click on Transfer to….
- Choose either an agent or a group (you need to switch to Group tab to choose a group). To finalize click on Choose.
That’s it. The chat will be transferred immediately and you can focus on helping other customers.
Each ongoing chat can be supervised in real time by agents from the same group. This gives more experienced employees a chance to coach and train newbies. In addition, the supervisor can send suggestions (that are invisible to customers) to the agent right in chat.
This way, new agents can practice handling clients in real customer service situations with an expert available whenever a difficult question comes up.
Additionally, when there are fewer chats, new agents can supervise other chats to pick up on good practices.
Supervise a chat
To oversee a chat, go to Customers section, pick the chat from the list, and click on Supervise chat.
- Log in to LiveChat and go to Customers section.
- Choose a customer from the list and click on Supervise chat.
That’s it, you can oversee and switch between supervised chats back in the Chats section.
Send whispers when supervising a chat
The supervising agent will see all the messages in the chat and will be able to send hints via whispers by typing messages in text field and hitting Enter.
Stop supervising a chat
There are two ways to stop supervising a chat: through the chat list and the chat feed. Both of them are explained in the tutorials below.
Stop supervising a chat from the chat list
- Hover over the chat you want to stop supervising. An x will appear in the top right corner. Click on it.
- To confirm, click on Stop supervising.
Stop supervising from the chat feed
- Click on the three dots icon in the top right corner. A menu will open.
- Click on Stop supervising.
That’s it. You can always start supervising a chat again by clicking on Supervise chat in the Customers section.