Chat visitors sure like to be followed up after the chat. You can set up an automatic follow-up SMS using the following LiveChat – Twilio integration through Zapier.
Complete the steps below to create a Zap which will send a text message after the chat is over.
Creating the Twilio – LiveChat Zap
This Zap consists of three main parts:
- Setting up the trigger
- choosing an event that will start data passing
- Configuring the action
- setting up what will happen in the target app
- Launching the Zap
- turning the integration on
Setting up LiveChat trigger
The first step to set up this integration is to determine a condition that will trigger an action in your target app.
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select Finished Chat as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Click on Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on Yes, continue to accept.
- You can rename the account here. Then click on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
Configuring the action in Twilio
The second part is to configure what will happen in your target app after the chat is finished.
- Choose Twilio as Action App.
- Then choose Send SMS as the action and confirm by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Connect your Twilio account by providing your Account SID and Auth Token in the pop-up window.
- Click Yes, continue button.
- Select your Twilio account and confirm the choice by clicking on Continue.
- Next, set up the template of the SMS.
- After you finish, click on Continue button down the page to proceed.
- Zapier will ask you to test new Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly.
- Then click on the Finish button.
Launching the Zap
All set? That’s time turn this integration on.
- Turn the Zap on by clicking on the grey switch and start passing information from LiveChat to Twilio.
Et voilà! You have just linked your LiveChat with Twilio through Zapier. At the end of each chat, an SMS with a short summary will be sent.