Get a bot that chats with customers using BotEngine chatbot platform
Use BotEngine to get your very own chat bot for live chat on your website. The set up is really simple and you can benefit a lot from having a bot like that:
- the chat bot can deal with easier cases, giving agents more time to work on the more difficult ones,
- the chat bot doesn’t sleep, so it will have no problem working overtime or after-hours,
- the chat bot can take thousands of chats at the same time and it will still be able to answer all of them.
Sounds good? Follow the steps below to get your own BotEngine chat bot for your live chat.
First of all, you will need to set up a BotEngine account. Head to their website and sign up for a free, 14-days trial!
Once you’ve signed up, log in and head to the Integrations section. Choose the LiveChat integration to proceed.
Next, you will need to sign in with your LiveChat account.
You will need to type in your LiveChat account email and password (the same you use to log in to LiveChat).
You will also need to allow BotEngine to access some information on your LiveChat account. Click on Allow to proceed.
Now, it’s time to set up a chatbot for your account. Choose a story you want to use and click on the Create a bot button.
After naming and entering an email address for the bot, click on Confirm to finish bot creation.
And presto! The chat bot is now ready to receive chats from customers. Here are a few rules the bot lives by:
- All chats from customers will go to the bot first.
- The bot will transfer chat to agents if it can’t handle them or the customer requests a transfer.
- You can transfer chats back to a bot if you think it can handle them.
- Until you turn it off, the bot will continue to receive chats.
- The bot takes up an agent seat.
- All chats handled by a bot are tagged (‘botengine’ for all chats and ‘botengine-transfer’ for bot chats that ended with a transfer) and available in the Archives.
If you don’t want to use a bot anymore, simply go to the LiveChat integration settings in BotEngine and disable the bot.