The mighty URL shortener
At LiveChat, we love to make your life easier. That’s why, in addition to our ready-made tools like LiveChat Dashboard and Typing Speed Test, we are introducing our new tool – The mighty URL shortener!
Click here to start using it now!
The mighty URL shortener allows you to transform your long and boring URLs into ones that are shorter and way more attractive. But that’s not all! We prepared a short tutorial that will teach you how to:
- Log in with Facebook to store your links and use them later;
- Shorten and customize your links to make them look the way you want them to;
- Track your shorten links in Google Analytics by adding custom UTM parameters
We hope that you’ll enjoy it!
Login with Facebook
- Login with Facebook option allows you to store all of your shortened links, in case you would like to use them later. To do that, click on Login with Facebook available in the top right section of URL Shortener.
- You will be prompted with Facebook login window. There, provide you Facebook credentials and click on Log in.
Done! You are now logged in with Facebook and all of your shortened links will be stored under the Recently Shortened section.
Shorten and customize your links
You can use our Mighty URL shortener to shorten all sorts of link. Below, we will show you how to use our tool to customize your Chat link – later on, you can post it on your Social Media to better engage your customers!
- Go to the Chat link section available in your LiveChat and copy your link from there.
- Paste your Chat link into the Mighty URL Shortener and click on Customize.
- In the Customize your link field, enter your custom URL string.
- To prepare your custom link, click on the Shorten button.
Your custom link is ready! Now, you can click on the button to copy your custom link to clipboard.
You can also share your custom link on Twitter, Facebook and Google+ straight from The mighty URL shortener!
Track your shorten links in Google Analytics
With our Mighty URL shortener you can also track your custom links in your Google Analytics. That will allow you to see where your traffic is coming from.
- When customizing your links, you can decide if you want to track your links in Google Analytics. To do that, simply add custom tags like Campaign Source and Campaign Medium under the Add UTM tags section.
- After adding custom UTM parameters, click on Shorten button.
Done! From now on, everytime your customer will click on your link, this action will be registered in Google Analytics.
We hope that you liked this tutorial! If you have any additional questions, feel free to start a chat with us – we are available 24/7/365! And stay tuned – there are more tools to come!