Google Tasks: Add Tasks to LiveChat directly to your Google Tasks account
If you use Google Tasks to help you manage your schedule, it is a good idea to transfer tasks from LiveChat to remember about a call or an email that your customer has requested – this all can be done with the use of Google Tasks integration.
In this tutorial you’ll find instructions on how to create a Zap adding a Task from chat to Google Tasks account.
Creating the LiveChat – Google Tasks Integration
Creating this Zap consists of three main parts:
- Setting up the trigger
– choosing an event that will start data passing
- Configuring the action
– setting up what will happen in the target app
- Launching the Zap
– turning the integration on
Setting up the trigger
First, set up a rule on which the information will be passed from LiveChat.
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select Chat changed as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Click on Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on the Yes, confirm to accept.
- You can rename the account and then click on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
Adding a filter
The second step is adding a filter that will only pass the chats with a ‘task’ tag further.
- Go to the filter section in Zapier and choose the tag of the chats that you want to pass to Google Tasks.
- Then confirm by clicking Continue button.
Configuring the action
Now it is time to configure which fields will be passed from LiveChat to Google Tasks
- Choose Google Tasks as Action App.
- Then choose Create task as the action and confirm by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Click on Connect to a New Account button to add your Google Account. In the new pop-up Google will ask you if you want to allow Zapier to access your Google Profile – click on Allow to continue.
- Select your Google account and confirm the choice by clicking on Save + Continue.
- Next, choose which data will be passed to your Google Tasks account.
- After choosing data, click on the Continue button at the bottom of the page.
- Zapier will ask you to test the Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly..
- Next click on the Finish button.
Launching the Zap
If all tests went green, it is time to enable your new Zap.
- Name your Zap and enable it by clicking on the grey switch – that will start passing the information from LiveChat to Google Tasks.
Done! Now, your Google Tasks integration is ready and each time you will tag your chat with task, the task will be stored in your Google Tasks account.