HipChat: Pass the info about the finished chat to HipChat chat room
In this tutorial you’ll find instructions on how to create a Zap passing a message about a finished LiveChat chat to HipChat chat room.
Creating the HipChat – LiveChat Zap
Creating a Zap consists of three main parts:
Setting up LiveChat trigger
- Log in to Zapier and click on Make a Zap in the upper menu.
- Choose LiveChat as the Trigger App.
- Select Finished Chat as the Trigger.
- Click on Save + Continue to proceed.
- Click on Connect a New Account and then provide your LiveChat login email and the API key. Next, click on the Yes, continue to accept.
- You can rename the account and then click on Save + Continue.
- Select Fetch & Continue to test this step and make sure it is working properly.
Configuring the action in HipChat
- Choose HipChat as Action App.
- Then choose Send message as the action and confirm by clicking on Continue.
- Grant Zapier permissions to access HipChat by providing your API key in the pop-up window.
- Select your HipChat account and confirm the choice by clicking on Continue.
- Next, decide which data will be passed to HipChat.
- After you finish, click on Continue button down the page to proceed.
- Zapier will ask you to test the Zap. Follow the instructions to make sure your Zap is working correctly.
- Next, click on the Finish button.
Launching the Zap
- Turn the Zap on by clicking on the grey switch and start passing information from LiveChat to Benchmark.
Congrats! You have just linked your LiveChat with HipChat through Zapier. At the end of each chat, it will pass the info about that chat as a message in your HipChat room.