How to modify chat window language
Adjusting language of your chat window to the language your page is a very important step of the custommization.
Modification of the messages and notifications visible in the chat window on the visitor’s side opens up a lot of possibilities for creating the perfect chatting interface.
If you run multiple language site you can assign a dedicated language department to each webpage.
In this tutorial you can find information concerning:
LiveChat has been translated into 45 languages. If you still don’t find your language on the list, be sure to let us know!
Here’s the list of supported languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
- Norwegian (bokmål)
- Norwegian (nynorsk)
- Brazilian Portuguese
Changing the language
To change the language of your chat window, you need to log in and go to the Language section.
Click on (change) to select a language for your chat window. When you are done click on Choose this language and then on Save changes.
Setting different languages for groups
You can offer your LiveChat in several different languages by setting up different languages for your groups.
To do this, you need to create a group for each language you want to cover and then set the correct language for them.
Here’s a breakdown of the steps you need to complete to offer LiveChat in several languages:
- Create groups following steps of this this tutorial.
- Next, go to the Language section and click on the pick a group link in the top right corner.
- Select the group from the drop-down list.
- Click on the (change) link in the Chat window language options and choose the language corresponding to that group.
- If you want to modify the texts in the chat window, feel free to do so. Click on the message you want to alter and edit it.
- Confirm the changes by clicking on the Choose this language button.
- Finalize the language change by clicking on the Save changes button.
Then you can assign your newly-created groups to corresponding pages using URL rules.
After completing the steps, website visitors who visit one of your websites prepared in a given language will be also able to open up a chat in that language.