We have just introduced few minor changes in chat routing rules. From now on, if the visitors queue is enabled and all operators have Away status, the chat button on the website is in offline state and visitors cannot enter the queue as it was before.
To sum it up, chat routing is working in a following way:
- If the automatic chat routing is enabled and there is at least one operator that has the Available status, the visitor is assigned to an available operator. If all Available operators reach their concurrent chat limit:
- If queue is enabled, chat button is still in online state and visitor enters the queue;
- If queue is disabled, then chat button switches to offline state.
- If the manual chat selection is enabled and there is at least one operator that has the Available status, the visitor enters the queue and waits to be picked up by the operator.
- If all operators have the Away status, the chat button is always in offline state.
As visitor chat routing is working as described, the Invisible status becomes obsolete. Any attempts to switch to Invisible status will result in switching to Away. The latest application release will not display the Invisible status at all.
Do you like our posts? You might also like our product.
Give LiveChat a go during a free, 30-day trial.