Configuring the work scheduler
You can set up specific working hours for each of your agents to make sure each shift is properly staffed, and there is always someone available to answer your visitors’ questions.
This feature switches agent’s status to Accept chats during working hours, and to Don’t accept chats when off.
Here’s more about how statuses work in LiveChat.
By the end of the shift, agents who are about to go offline can finish ongoing chats or transfer them to their colleagues who are just starting their work.
If such need arises, agents can still login and change their status manually before and after their working hours.
Follow these steps to set working hours for an agent:
- Log in and go to the Agents section.
- Select the agent whose working hours you want to modify.
- Click on Edit to proceed.
- Click on change… in the Working hours section to set the time frame for the particular agent.
- Set the working hours of the agent for weekdays and weekends.
Alternatively, you can click on advanced settings and configure the working hours for each day separately.
- Click on Save changes to finalize.
Setting up the night shifts
To set up a night shift for an agent, you need to tick the night shift option next to the shift sliders. This will invert the selection, allowing you to create a shift that starts on one day and continues on the following day.