Adding LiveChat to your Magento 2 shop
With this integration you’ll be able to set LiveChat in your Magento 2.x store and to track information about your visitors’ purchases.
There are two ways to add LiveChat to your Magento website:
- Manually – learn how to install LiveChat plugin manually;
- Through composer – learn how to install LiveChat through Composer.
- Download Magento – LiveChat package.
- Unzip the package to /app/code/ folder.
- Change its name from magento-livechat-master to LiveChat.
- Log in to your Magento admin panel and go to System > Cache Management and Flush Magento Cache there.
Make sure you have Composer installed. If you don’t, you can install it by entering the following line in your Magento root directory.
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
- Next, go to the Magento root directory on your server and enter the following commands:
php composer.phar require livechat/module-magento-livechat:dev-master to install LiveChat package php bin/magento module:enable LiveChat_LiveChat to turn on the integration module php bin/magento setup:upgrade to update the settings php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy to export the static files php bin/magento cache:clean to clean the cache.
After installing the plugin, all that is left is to link your LiveChat account with Magento. To do that, follow the instructions below.
Connecting the accounts
Now’s the time to connect your LiveChat account to your Magento store.
- Choose Stores tab from the black menu on the left, and then enter the Configuration section.
- Select LiveChat and connect your account by providing your LiveChat login email. Confirm by clicking the on grey Connect button.
If you don’t have a LiveChat account yet, click on Create LiveChat account for free link and choose your login email and password. Then click on Create an account button.
- You will see a pop-up alert informing that you need to refresh the cache. Click on Cache Management to enter the section in which you will be able to do that.
- Validate Configuration and Page Cache there.
All set! You should see a confirmation that Magento store is now connected with LiveChat account.
Down this page you can manage the custom parameters that will be passed to your chat window. They are all enabled by default. If you want to turn some of them off, click on the drop-down menu next to the parameter and choose Disable.
Make sure your Page Cache is disabled. You can check on that in your Cache Management section.
From now on the chat tool will be available to the customers of your Magento 2.x store. You will also see information about their purchases beside the chat window.