Adding LiveChat to your Magento 2 shop
With this integration you’ll be able to set LiveChat in your Magento 2.x store and to track information about your visitors’ purchases.
There are two alternative ways to install this integration, pick the one you prefer and complete its steps.
- Create LiveChat folder in your main Magento directory (/app/code/).
- Download Magento – LiveChat package.
- Unzip the package to /app/code/LiveChat/ folder.
- Change its name from magento-livechat-master to LiveChat.
- Log in to your Magento admin panel and go to System > Cache Management and Flush Magento Cache there.
Make sure you have Composer installed. You can install it by entering
curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php
in your main directory in Magento.
Next, go to the Magento main directory on your server and enter the following commands:
php composer.phar require livechat/module-magento-livechat:dev-master
to install LiveChat package
php bin/magento module:enable LiveChat_LiveChat
to turn on the integration module
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
to update the settings
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
to export the static files
php bin/magento cache:clean
to clean the cache.
Connecting the accounts
Now’s the time to connect your LiveChat account to your Magento store.
- Choose Stores tab from the black menu on the left, and then enter the Configuration section.
- Select LiveChat and connect your account by providing your LiveChat login email. Confirm by clicking the on grey Connect button.
If you don’t have a LiveChat account yet, click on Create LiveChat account for free link and choose your login email and password. Then click on Create an account button.
- You will see a pop-up alert informing that you need to refresh the cache. Click on Cache Management to enter the section in which you will be able to do that.
- Validate Configuration and Page Cache there.
All set! You should see a confirmation that Magento store is now connected with LiveChat account.
Down this page you can manage the custom parameters that will be passed to your chat window. They are all enabled by default. If you want to turn some of them off, click on the drop-down menu next to the parameter and choose Disable.
Make sure your Page Cache is disabled. You can check on that in your Cache Management section.
From now on the chat tool will be available to the customers of your Magento 2.x store. You will also see information about their purchases beside the chat window.